Thursday 28 January 2010

2001...and Music still Sucks!



Music in 2001 sucked. Sorry sucks - present tense. Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Alicia Keys. It's all frikkin' Divas right now! I thought it was all garage band back here; you know? Nirvana and stuff. But I realise now that was, like, earlier...mid-90s. So, the FM radio stations, digital radio online, it's all warbling R&B crap. Mind you, the weird bit is...well, actually, the cool thing is, there's no X Factor, no Pop Idol yet. No Simon Cowell. Yayyyy!!!

How cool is that?!!
None of that phoney rubbish has happened yet.

I'm almost tempted to step out of the archway and into time and join the auditions the first time round and tell Simon Cowell how totally crap his contribution to the music biz will be over the next decade. That'd be fun. Actually, me and the others pretending to be a band. Mind you, I don't want to imagine Bob trying to do a N-Sync Boyz routine.

Ugghh. I've got that image in my mind now. Him and Liam with baseball caps perched on their heads, bein' all wicked an' street.

6 comments:

  1. You could make a fortune "writing" songs and then selling them to the artists that will record them. Or betting on the outcome of X Factor... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing that to Simon Cowell would probably get u sent to prison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But if u got sent to prison it wouldnt really matter, time machine remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought x-factor didn't come out till 2011 or i'm just being paranoid again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't live without YouTube. The music I listen to doesn't come out on CD or MP3 or anything, just YouTube. That is the explanation of why I can't live without YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get X factor and Fear factor mixed up! :P

    ReplyDelete